“There is a mind-body connection and a body-mind connection. In birth, the body has a story to tell.” — Treesa
• Family centered prenatal appointments (no waiting)
• Physical assessment of mom and baby
• Development of a personal birth and postpartum care plan
• Lab work
• Nutritional counseling
• What will my prenatal care be like?
|Labor and Birth
“You need to labor the labor you get, not the one you want.” — Treesa
• Midwifery care and monitoring during labor,
birth and early postpartum
• Emotional and physical support, positioning,
and breath work for labor and birth
• Use of birth tubs for easing labor pain
• Use of a Tens unit
• What will my birth be like?
|Immediate Postpartum Care
• Physical assessment of mom and babe
• Breastfeeding support
• Newborn exam
|In Home Postpartum Care
• 24 hours, 72 hours, 5-7 days
• breastfeeding assistance
• Well baby exams
• Newborn screening office visits at 2 & 6 weeks
• What will my early parenting be like?
Guidance and Education
• Practical support
• Individualized care plan
Home birth families will need to prepare their home for the birth, basically gathering supplies, buying or assembling a birth kit, stocking the fridge and organizing the birth room. If they want the option of using a birth tub they will need to purchase it from Your Water Birth.
Birth Center families choosing to give birth at Sacred Birth in Oakland will need to purchase the birth center birth kit, pack for the birth center including clothes for mom and babe, and food and beverages for the birth team. A facility fee is charged by the birth center and is in addition to your midwifery fees.
Home Birth or Birth Center? Why would you choose one over the other?